This is an article for 鰻 Advent Calendar 2017.
I re-realized that I need to practice English more. I can probably polish my reading and writing skill with IRC, Twitter, ML, etc. If I want to polish my listening and speaking skill, there are some resources such as podcasts, self online trainings, etc. And I keep listening to some English podcasts everyday. However, speaking part, I don't practice that much, actually.
So, I started to quick scan the best online English lesson for me. So, I'll share the information here.
- Private English Lessons, Anytime!
- I can use any chat apps like LINE, WE CHAT, WHATS APP, etc.
- The lessons are held during 8AM-10PM UTC-5 only. It's 10PM-12PM JST.
- $69.99/month (depends on the frequency of the lesson and subscription length)
- An easy way to find a qualified native English teacher fast!
- This might cost over $100~200/month to get 3 lessons/week.
Non native English teachers
- Native Camp
- Mostly, Filipina
- I can get lesson anytime, like All we can get system.
- $49/month (very cheap)
- DMM 英会話
- Teachers live in 89 countries.
- There's a plus native plan. I can get lessons of native speakers easier with this plan. But it's not fixed.
- $50/month (standard plan)
- $150/month (plus native plan)
- kakaku.com: Comparison of online English lessons running by Japanese companies (NOTE: The information are written by Japanese.)
- This site information is really useful if you wanted to know online English lessons running by Japanese companies.
I'm not decided to take a course yet. But I'm thinking to try Spoken first. The lesson timeslots are bit tight. But I can fit that. Hope I will share the result of the lesson :)